Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A beautiful day

Today I was so blessed with a really good day.
This morning I had a long shower and when I came out Luke was smiling up from his chair at me and I made me feel so so loved. Then Luke and I headed to my weekly small group, I look forward to this time every week. When it came to my time to share I decided to just be honest about things I have been struggling with but debating how valid they are and if I should really burden others with them. I am so glad I opened up. It was hard to do because I am always worried about my feelings being undermined but they listened, told me my feelings were valid, and helped me with out to be proactive to changing the things that were bothering me. This made me feel so loved.
After small group some of the girls and I stayed to watch Nate for Michelle. We went outside and I got to roll around in the dirt with Nate which was so much fun and made me look forward to Luke being older and exploring the world. I kept picturing Luke walking around and laughing with me. I can not wait for that. It was also really nice to get to spend time with the girls.
I came home feeling really good and just wanting to do something so my friend Lisa came over and we just talked, laughed, and spent time with Luke together. Then we made a nice dinner for my mom (I am never making mashed potatoes again my arms feel like jello).
Today felt so productive and I got to spend time with people I love and feel completely comfortable with. I know that this will kept me going while Danny is away.

2 comments: