Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day Reflections

I started my student teaching today in a 5th grade classroom in Long Branch. I must say so far it has been pretty good. The class, in comparison to the 5th grade class in Long Branch (different school) that I observed last year, is wonderful. They really seem eager to learn, but I also realize that it is only the second week of school. The teacher seems to have a grasp on things and a high standard for both herself and the students.
The best part of today came around 8:00 ten minutes after the school day began. Naturally, it being the first day of student teaching I was extremely nervous, but as the math lesson progressed I just fell into it. The whole teaching thing (well assistant at this point) came like second nature. It was such a relief, all my butterflies were gone.
I feel so blessed. Not only has God given me the gift of teacher and made it a discernible gift in my life but he has also given me family and friends who were there to support me through continuing my education. The closer I get to graduation the more thankful I am for those around me, especially Danny, and all the sacrificed in allowing me to pursue my dream of teaching...and God's calling in my life.
In short the summary of my feelings on the first day of student teaching: blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment